NOVA PRO 100 - Light/Sound Machine
Two user and hemiStim ready. Top of the line, professional quality.
- With 100 easy to use built-in relaxation, meditation, sleep, learning, energize, visualize, entertain and special purpose sessions. Room for downloading up to 100 more sessions and free Light & Sound Designer software.
- Manual control mode.
- Session selections are conveniently organized in categories
- Easily adjustable thumb wheel volume and intensity controls.
- New tone; Dual monaural beats AudioStrobe* compatible. Microphone input with volume control and much more.
100 Built-in sessions
Including the 50 Nova Pro sessions, the 10 quick mood change sessions and 40 new sessions. Sessions are organized in 8 categories:
Sessions are selected by selecting a category then a session within the category (so you don't have to wade through 100 sessions every time). In any category, the selection process proceeds through the built-in sessions, then through any downloaded sessions in that category.
Room for 100 downloaded sessions (or a total of 1000 session segments). Downloaded sessions are given a category at download time, a single download can be 1 to 25 sessions in any one category. The downloaded session index is automatically reorganized to keep the sessions sorted in the intended categories, no matter what the order of download.
AudioStrobe* (licensed from Tamas Laboratories) is a registered Trademark of Tamas Laboratories in Germany, who holds the German patent on the technology.
The Nova Pro 100 pitch is extended two octaves at the low end, to 16 hertz (a total of 14 new pitches). The total pitch range is 16Hz to 960Hz, 6 octaves of the just scale, 7 notes/octave. Also, the pitch 2 relative to pitch 1 mode is extended to cover P1 minus 1 to 15 hertz, as well as the P1 plus 1 to 15 hertz provided on the Nova Pro. The low frequencies have a very powerful effect with the standard headphones, for even stronger effects you can use more expensive headphones.
Stimulation frequency on the Nova Pro 100 was extended downward by two octaves, from one hertz to 1/4 hertz. There also are three new frequencies, 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 hertz (only three frequencies, but it is two octaves). Frequencies go in steps of 1/4 hertz through 2 hertz, 1/2 hertz through 10 hertz, 1 hertz through 20 hertz and 2 hertz through 42 hertz. The Schumann resonance at 7.83 hertz is also included.
Duty cycle, Phase
Duty cycle control from 1/8 to 7/8 in steps of 1/8 is provided. There are six selectable phasing relationships between the four stimulation channels (two eyes, two ears) in the pulsed tones. Light phase is also controllable in the binaural beat modes.
There are 7 sound tones, utilizing the two frequencies F1 and F2 and pitches P1 and P2.
- PFr, pulsed frequency. Pitch P1 is pulsed at frequency F1. The pulsed tones provide a beep beep sound at the selected frequency F1 while the lights are blinking at the F1 rate.
- PSu, pulsed surf. A surf sound is pulsed at frequency F1.
- PCh, a pulsed chord with controllable chord separation from a minor third to a full octave.
- bb, binaural beats sends different pitches to two ears (pitch P1 to the left ear, Pitch P1 plus frequency F1 to the right ear) and the sound source direction detection mechanism in your auditory system picks up the difference frequency F1, while the lights blink at the F1 rate.
- bbS, binaural beats with surf, a soothing surf sound is the background for binaural beats.
- dbb, in dual binaural beats there are four tone generators running at once, the left ear receives pitches P1 and P2 mixed together, the right ear receives pitch (P1+F1) mixed with pitch (P2+F2). This gives two binaural beat ranges at the same time, and provides for monaural beat possibilities.
New ĚdSb, dual monaural beats, Monaural beats occur when two closely spaced pitches are mixed in the same ear, beats are heard at the difference of the pitches. The dual monaural beat tone, new and unique to the Nova Pro 100 , sends P1 and P1+F1 to the left ear, creating monaural beats at F1, and P2 and P2+F2 to the right ear, creating monaural beats at F2. In addition, the left eye lights blink at the F1 rate, the right eye lights at the F2 rate, for a true dual stimulation frequency experience.
Two user ports
Ports for two simultaneous users (Headphone/glasses combinations are available at a special price for the second user). The drive circuitry handles the second user with no degradation from one user performance.
Four system control choices
The Nova Pro 100 synthesized stimulation can be controlled by a selected built-in session or downloaded session, manually from the keyboard, or remotely via a COM port connection from a computer. When the system is in manual mode it accepts commands from both the keyboard and the COM port.
Ramps (gradual changes in frequency and pitch) can now be commanded in the manual mode, from the keyboard or the COM port. Specify a ramp time (up to 10 minutes), specify the target frequencies and pitches (two of each in the dual binaural beat and dual monaural beat tones), and command the ramp to start. The frequency and pitch display follows the ramp to three digit accuracy or to 1/8 hertz as it progresses.
Microphone input with volume control is provided for voiceover during a session. A balanced input amplifier with 1% resistors for noise cancellation accepts dynamic mikes, or electret mikes with their own power source, with 1/8 inch mono connectors. We have used the Radio Shack 33-2001A dynamic mike, and the 33-1060 electret mike with good results.
New glasses drive circuit provides positive control over the current through the glasses, four circuits for the right and left sides for the two pairs of glasses, with 1% resistors for current matching. The Nova Pro 100 glasses polarity is "CG" (for common ground).
The nova pro 100 is the BEST and the most popular L/S Machine!
* AudioStrobe is a registered trademark of Tamas labs.
Comes with either Tru White, Cool Blu, Indigo, Ultra-Green or Spectrum Pro Glasses.
BUY the NOVA PRO 100 from the US here...